Friday, January 8, 2021

New Beginnings!!!

 

  Hey family and friends,

   Happy New Year 2021!!!! I hope all are doing well. This month has been a month of reconciliation, making-peace with others, and getting a fresh start with the Lord. I finished working with Daily Bean last year and now I’m preparing for my next step in life. After my ywam last year I had been planning to go back to Nagaland for ministry when COVID hit. Now I’m finally getting to go back to Nagaland which is something new this year and I’m very excited about it. I’ll be leaving on Jan 19th and for now, it's only for a year and if I feel led to stay longer I might.

   This ministry in Nagaland is called Hope ministries Globe Nagaland and the base I’m staying at is called Potter’s House in Dimapur. This ministry is mainly focused on equipping youth to find their callings and destinies. They help youth in establishing their dreams and laying the foundation for new ministries. They run a school called “school of destiny” which is a four months course; 2 months teaching phase and the next 2 outreach phase. I’ll be entering this ministry as an intern for 6 months and will be attending this course as it is a requirement before I become a staff here.

   The big three events happening this year is the school of destiny, a pre-school for the laborers’ kids, and branching another base in another area of Nagaland. The school of destiny will be happening from Jan 25th to April. The Potter’s House recently shifted to a new area in Dimapur and was building relationships with the farmers and their families when COVID hit and now they are back to square 1 of building relationships and trusts. So, I’ll be attending this school for the first 4 months and then helping with the opening of preschool. It goes all the way back to getting to the farmers and their families all over again, becoming familiar with the village, spending time with the kids, and then opening a preschool for the kids while their parents work during the day. The last event is the branching out another base in another part of Nagaland.

   Some challenges that I’ll be facing are; language, adapting to their culture and environment, building new relationships within the base and outside the base. I’m expecting God to really come through for us in starting this school. The progress will definitely not be easy and there will be a lot of problems but I’m asking God for peace of mind, discernment, a good team, and grace.

   Some prayer requests for this month are:

1.       Please pray for me as I travel, for protection and smooth travel.

2.       Please pray that I’ll adapt well with the people and the environment.

3.       Please pray for God’s hand over the big events happening this year.

4.       Please pray that I’ll be strong in the Spirit and truth and that everywhere I go I’ll go with the presence of God.

 

Faith as small as a Mustard seed.

  Hey family and friends,   This month has been a very challenging month for me. My school and class are going great and smooth. They are ...