Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Basics and Foundation.

 

Hey family and friends,

  As you already know, I have been working in Family Support for quite some time now and we have been able to open a second tuition center in another area in Bangalore. My sister Santhiya has put in a lot of time and effort into the opening and establishing of another tuition center. When we thought it wouldn’t be possible to open one this year at all, God made a way for that to happen. We were able to get a house for reasonable rent and set up a decent center with all facilities which include being able to play in the park, snack time, and not just working on school work/ homework but setting their foundation in phonics and basic math. I find it very upsetting to see the school education system being so business and money-minded, but pay no attention to teaching the students. All the kids that come here have very or no knowledge at all of the phonics and basic math. I get to teach classes 4 and 5. The children in these classes too have no knowledge of phonics and math but I am able to teach them and I really enjoy doing that. I also get time to spend with my sponsor kid as he’s in my class. He has a very cute personality and I’m very glad to be able to get to know him and sponsor him.

  This month has also been very challenging for me as I have emotionally accepted the changes around me. Sadly, I wasn’t very positive about it and had to have a number of one-on-ones with Tammyma to help me process them and not just accept them but to embrace them. The lord has been very patient with me and so has Tammyma. For a while, I forgot my identity and started feeling insecure compared to some of my sisters that I live with but God opened my eyes and reminded me of who I am in him. I have been able to reconcile with my sisters and start getting along just fine. I needed Jesus more now than ever and he has been there for me but I was too blinded by my own self-pity, bitterness, loneliness and self-doubt. But the Lord was able to get my attention through my mom and now I feel so much closer to God and lighter at heart. My mind is so much more at peace now that I get along with my sisters and am myself again. My foundations needed to be cemented once again and the Lord has been faithful to do that for me.

Faith as small as a Mustard seed.

  Hey family and friends,   This month has been a very challenging month for me. My school and class are going great and smooth. They are ...