Sunday, August 9, 2020

My journey on the water.

 

Hey family and friends,

  I hope that all are doing well and staying protected. This month has been eye-opening as well as exciting. My brother Thangboi and I have decided to sponsor a child from the FSP program. The child we’re sponsoring is a little boy named Praveen and he is in 4th grade. He lives with his mother who is a widow and partially deaf. I’m so excited to be sponsoring this child, not just financially but also through prayer. It sure is so much more satisfying to give than to receive. I pray that this family will grow into a house of blessing and joy.

  At the beginning of April, I had a revelation from the Lord during one of my quiet times. He spoke to me through the passage in Mark where Peter walks on water. Since coming back home from my ministry I’ve been trying to settle back in as much as possible. The revelation that the Lord showed me was when Peter walked on water it was a life-changing experience for him, but how he walked on water was what struck out to me. It was the different phases he went through while walking on water that the Lord was showing me. The journey that he had, though a very short one, it changed his whole life.

·         The first was when he got off the boat and walked confidently on water towards Jesus. In my life, it resembles my good and high times with the Lord. When I’m on fire and passionate for him.

·         The second, the storm and waves came in and he looked back. When something unexpected or a crisis arises, I lose focus of Jesus and look back at my problems, sin, and start backsliding.

·         The third, he’s drowning. I’ve fully forgotten what it was like to be walking confidently with Jesus and I’m so focused on my life on earth that I forget Jesus.

·         He asked Jesus to save him. When all seems lost and there’s no hope, the only one still standing there in my life is Jesus. I look up to him when I’m in need of him the most. But in his mercy and kindness, he saves me. And he’s with me the rest of the way.

The question that the Lord was asking me was how will my journey be like in the midst of this storm and waves. Will I be drowning, walking confidently with him or asking him to save me?

It's August now and I’ve totally forgotten about this revelation but the Lord reminded me of this while I was listening to a message by Christy Cain and the title of it was Miracle in Malta. Paul’s calling was Rome and he knew is clearly. He was on his way to Rome when his shipwrecked and he got stranded on an island called Malta. Instead of complaining and yearning for Rome, he kept his heart right with God, and the Lord used this time to bring a great revival to the people of this island. Satan tried to use external factors like the storm, waves, cyclones to stop him from his calling and when that didn’t work-out he used internal factors like anger, hate, mumbling, self-pity, to stop him but Paul positioned his heart right with God. He worshipped and praised God, broke bread, and encouraged his group to do the same. The Lord opened my eyes to how I’ve been handling this whole COVID crisis. Instead of positioning my heart right before God, I’ve been complaining, yearning for a better situation and place to be at, grumbling and mumbling. I’m drowning in my spiritual walk but the Lord in his kindness and goodness drew me out of my misery and is showing me that not once am I out of his plans and will. Though the journey to my calling is long, He will be and is with me throughout the journey. I will get there eventually not how I plan it but according to his plan and time.

  Some of my prayer requests are:

1.       Please pray for my sponsor child, Praveen, and his family. Pray for more of Jesus in their lives.

2.       I’ve been worrying a lot about my next phase in life, please pray for wisdom, direction, and guidance from the Lord.

3.       Pray that I will grow in the fruits of the spirit and bear those fruits to be like Christ. To grow in Love, joy, peace, and so on.  

Faith as small as a Mustard seed.

  Hey family and friends,   This month has been a very challenging month for me. My school and class are going great and smooth. They are ...