Monday, March 9, 2020

Nagaland!!


Hey family and friends,

Nepali kids ministry
  This month was my last month of outreach. We traveled to Nagaland on February 7th from Arunachal. We reached Nagaland on the 8th of February. Right before reaching Nagaland we found out that the place where we were supposed to stay was cancelled. So, we didn’t have a place to stay in Nagaland but the Lord came through for us and a family of one of my students opened their home to us. They let us stay with them for two weeks and we got to do ministry with this family. Some of the ministries we did with this family were rehab ministry, church ministry, house visiting, youth ministry, children ministry and school ministry.

  During the first week in Nagaland, we got to visit a small village of Nepali people. We did house visiting and invited the children in that village for an event that we planned for the next day. The kids came the next day after school and we got to do ministry with the kids. We taught songs, told stories, danced with them, had skits and played games with them too. It was a blessed time to get to know that village and spent two days with them. We also got to do church ministry in another Nepali church among the youth and elderly people. We also got to minister in a rehab. We shared testimonies and worshiped with them. We also got to pray for each one in that rehab. We visited many more churches and did ministry among that whole town people. The second week of our stay in Nagaland we got to do ministry in the slum, house visiting, children ministry and youth ministry. We were able to encourage the high school students who were going to take the big final exams.
open air ministry

                 The last week of our outreach and stay in Nagaland we had a week of debrief and team time. We went camping in the mountains for three days and three nights. It was my first experience camping out and I really enjoyed it. Although it was freezing cold and rained most of the time we had fun. We got to do some sight -seeing, trekking, had bonfires and singing time, cooking over fire, and sleeping in tents. We had a time of sharing personal experiences and reconciliations. We got to encourage one another and speak life over each other. This outreach has been very successful. One of the things that satisfied me the most was seeing and being a part of growing and learning together as a team. I learned a lot from each of my student and was able to be Christ like to them. I want to give all glory to God for his favor and grace upon my team and me. It was only because of him was my outreach a success and a redemption from my own outreach experience. I was able to grow in my leadership qualities and learn more on how to be like Jesus. We returned back to base on the 7th of March. We have a week of classes and all my students graduate this Friday; March 13th 2020. 

                 I head home on the 15th of March and am still praying on what to do next. I do feel like the Lord wants me to start something in Nagaland. Dimapur in Nagaland has many villages of Muslims and Hindus. During outreach I got to do ministry with them and I believe I can reach out to them. I’m still praying for direction, guidance from God. I’m very excited to go home and spend time with family and friends.

debrief week


                Some prayer points are:
1.       Please continue praying for my team as they head out back into their lives and families. They would continue growing and learning from God.
2.       Please pray for direction and guidance as I head back home and pray for my next steps.
3.       Please pray that as I rest with family and friends I would continue to be a blessing to them and that I would be refreshed and renewed in Christ.   

Faith as small as a Mustard seed.

  Hey family and friends,   This month has been a very challenging month for me. My school and class are going great and smooth. They are ...