Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Outreach preps.


  Hey family and friends,

                           This month has been a month of breakthrough and freedom. We had a teaching on a topic called Divine plumb line. In this week of lectures; the Lord has been convicting and moving hearts of most of my students. We had three days of teaching and the next 2 days of ministry time. We divided the students in groups of 8 or 9 with two staffs. In the groups; we pray for each student and if the Lord nudges them to share or confess anything they open up and we help them receive freedom and breakthrough by praying for them. It was so good to hear the students confess and share their struggles and see them receive freedom and go through the whole process of receiving forgiveness and healing. I was able to encourage them and talk to them about their struggles and now that they’ve been set free; how they can live in that freedom and run closer to God. The other topics that we’ve been teaching them are team dynamics, spiritual warfare, identity in Christ and outreach. I taught the students on team unity for two days and it was very good. I got to use my gift of teaching and preaching in these two days. 

Group discussion
                                I’m leading a team of 7; 5 boys and 2 girls to the North East for outreach. We’re going to Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Myanmar and Nagaland. We’ll be doing a lot of slum ministry, church ministry, children’s ministry, youth group ministry, community service, open air ministry and house visiting. There will be a lot of traveling and walking. I’m very excited for this outreach but I’m also a bit scared that I’m going to fail my team and school during this outreach. I fear that I won’t be the leader that everyone’s expecting me to be. Please pray that I would be more confident and i believe that I will experience God in a whole new way. I will experience him as a leader. We will be leaving the base on the 22nd of December and it’s a 4 to 5 days journey to Mizoram. I’ll be spending my Christmas on a bus to Mizoram!! My first Christmas without my family. My main goal during this outreach is to help my students experience the true meaning of missions and show them God’s heart for the world. I want to be like Jesus to them.
School picnic!
 
                                When I was preparing for the outreach and getting in touch with the hosts I was so stressed and worried because none of the hosts were responding and the ones that did respond  weren’t able to have us because of Christmas and they already made other plans. I was so worried and kind of depressed and I lost my focus on the main point of this whole outreach. I came to a point of giving up and thinking of quitting but God reminded me to focus on him and caste all my cares unto him and to rest at his feet. I was being Martha instead of Mary. But the Lord in his goodness reminded me of where I needed to focus on and take time to sit with him. When I did that; the Lord immediately made way for me to go to the places I wanted to. The Lord reminded me to fix my eyes on him instead of my worries and problems. My priority even as a leader is to fix my eyes on him, fall deeper in love with him and know him more. I want to show my students how important it is to be with Jesus when we’re doing ministry. Our ministry life is not as important as our relationship with Jesus is. For only when we receive from Him can we give to others. 
Talent night!

                               Some of my prayer points for this month are:
                                 1. Please pray that we will experience God during our ministry and also with others as a team.
                                 2. Please pray that I will be Christ like leader to my students instead of my own.
                                 3. Please pray for protection and safety as we travel.
                                4. Please pray that we will not get sick during travels and that we’d grow closer to each other as we draw close to God.
                                5. Please pray for strength, courage, boldness and that there’s no fear in perfect love. I would stay in perfect love.



Faith as small as a Mustard seed.

  Hey family and friends,   This month has been a very challenging month for me. My school and class are going great and smooth. They are ...