Saturday, March 9, 2019

Hebrews 4:16!!


Hello family and friends,
  
   This month God has been constantly reminding me to trust him and lean on him. My biggest fear of leaving home is disappointing God and my family. I am afraid that I will backslide or make one bad choice that will disappoint God and my family; especially my parents. I let this fear get a foothold of me and I couldn’t get free from it. It was all I could think of and it laid heavily on my mind. I stopped having my quiet times and fell far from Jesus.  I knew that I could talk to Jesus about it but every time I tried, my fear would get the better of me and I would dwell on this fear and spend my time focusing on the fear instead of on Jesus. I couldn’t take it anymore and I hit rock bottom.  The same time I was going through this, I was teaching my friends about Jesus and asking them to follow him with all their hearts and to trust him but I haven’t been following what I’ve been teaching them. I felt so guilty and knew that I wasn’t the best role model. I asked God to use someone else better than me because I am not.
  
Hebrews 4:16!
    On the morning I realized I hit rock bottom and that I couldn’t take it anymore God spoke to me through the bible. In Hebrews 5 and all the way to 10, Paul talks about Jesus being the high priest and the best sacrifice. He died once and for all for all sinners. He bore our shame, guilt, fear, sin. He took it all on himself. And because he did this we can approach God confidently and boldly for we have a high priest who has been through everything that we are going through yet he overcame them all and he will definitely help us overcome them too. After reading these chapters I was encouraged to go to Jesus. It wasn’t easy because my fears kept creeping back into my mind. The verses that I keep reminding myself, is in Hebrews 4:16 “Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” God spoke to me through this verse. That week wasn’t easy, but I was able to keep pushing through because he kept reminding me of this verse.
  
     It was at the end of that week that God kept showing me that I could trust him and lean on him. I was so worried about my finances for my dts but that Saturday my mom tells me that sons and daughters would help me and pay for my dts fees. I was overjoyed!!! I could hear God telling me to trust him. I felt him saying that now that he’s provided my finances, I must trust him when he says he won’t let me fall. The next week he comes through for my family with our needs and reminds me again how much more I must trust him and lean on him. I am not weighed down by my fear as much as I used to. I can happily say that God broke that chain in my life. I am free!!
Sana,Anna and me
  
     On my house visiting and prayer walk this week I got to meet with a schoolmate of mine. She was in 6th grade when I was in the 10th. She’s a Muslim girl and we became friends. She invited my friend and me to her house. i got to open the subject about Jesus through asking what her name meant and what mine meant. My name means ‘living water’ in Sanskrit. So, I got to tell her about Jesus being the living water and that she doesn’t have to feel clean and satisfied only during Ramadan but every day.  We got to pray for her and her family. I loved catching up with her and sharing Jesus.
  
   Some prayer requests for this month are:
1            1.  Please pray that I would continue trusting God and leaning on him.
2           2.   Please pray that I would meditate on his word day and night, have them in my heart and mind.
3          3.   I am really nervous to be leaving home. Please pray that I wouldn’t let this become fear but make the best out of it.
4        4.To use every opportunity to share Jesus and be like Jesus.

Faith as small as a Mustard seed.

  Hey family and friends,   This month has been a very challenging month for me. My school and class are going great and smooth. They are ...