Saturday, December 12, 2020

Content in all things

 Hey Family and friend

   This month has been an emotional roller coaster ride. I have been mentally, emotionally and spiritually imbalanced and unstable. I felt like I was being pulled and stretched to my last and barely holding on. I had unintentionally allowed Satan get a foothold of my life and he succeeded in bringing me down in almost every way possible. There were misunderstandings between my siblings and me, work wasn’t any fun either and I felt very lonely and stuck. I had so much negativity and this affected my life, my work, my relationships etc. I had hit rock bottom.

   But the Lord didn’t give up on me. In his kindness, faithfulness and most of all love, he reached out to me through my mom, my sisters and friends. He is too good to me and It’s been very hard for me to accept his grace and I am still learning. I was able to be vulnerable and open to my sisters and mom.

   Two things that really stuck out to me was, when my mom reminded me that the environment is not the whole reason for my problems but my own self and my discontent. I can’t wish for my promise land and expect to be completely happy when I am unable to be content with where I am currently. The only way for me to learn to be content like Paul is to know the Lord more and run after the Lord even more than before. The second thing that stuck out to me and actually made me think and ponder is when my sister asked me who the Lord is asking me to be in this season. What’s my identity in Christ this season? Not what I do, not my job, my actions but who I am. What part or character of Jesus am I carrying or showing to the world, my family this season?

   Some prayer points are:

1.      Please pray for more of Jesus. I need rekindling and fanning of flames, passion and desire to run deeper in the Lord.

2.      Please pray that I would be able to stand firm in the Lord and use his word as weapon against the devil.

 3.   Please pray for my next plans, decisions and steps.

Faith as small as a Mustard seed.

  Hey family and friends,   This month has been a very challenging month for me. My school and class are going great and smooth. They are ...